Notice: All funded slots have been filled. Applications for unfunded slots will be taken until September 1, 2022.
MS and Ph.D. students are eligible for multiple levels of participation in the DataFEWSion Graduate Traineeship.
To qualify for the Traineeship Program:
- Be a prospective or current graduate student at ISU.
- Have at least two years remaining in your program.
- Obtain consent from your major professor.
- Does my research interest intersect with one or more of the FEWS (Food Production, Biorenewable Energy, Water Quality Systems) in the Midwest?
- Do I have the quantitative aptitude and skills for the data analytics and modeling component?
- Will my major professor allow me to participate in an interdisciplinary program?
- Am I willing to be part of a group of diverse researchers and explore topics outside of my major?
Already enrolled in an ISU graduate program
If you are already enrolled in a graduate program at Iowa State University and want to be part of the DataFEWSion traineeship program, please click here for application instructions.
Not currently enrolled in an ISU graduate program
If you are not currently enrolled in a graduate program at Iowa State University and are interested in applying to be part of the DataFEWSion traineeship program go to the prospective student link to find out more.
The application deadline for the first round is February 1st. Review of applications for the DataFEWSion Traineeship program will begin in early February, with offers being made by March 15. The acceptance deadline will be April 15th for the first round of offers. Applications submitted after February 1st will be considered on a space-available basis.